You can have creamy old fashioned comfort food rice pudding in a matter of minutes all without standing over the stove. Simple to mix together in the inner pot of the Instant Pot and minutes to cook, to the most delicious creamy satisfying rice pudding. With or without cinnamon or raisins, you make it your own, but the Instant Pot does all the work. The recipe is super simple as you do not need any eggs.
I like a white rice pudding to start with so I add the cinnamon and raisins after the cooking process is done. If you keep the basic ingredients on hand in your pantry, you can have the best rice pudding for an afternoon snack or a weeknight dessert. On a cold, after school day your kids will love a warm fluffy, creamy rice pudding. Even your picky eater will love rice pudding. Topping a snack bowl with whip topping and sprinkled with cinnamon make a rice pudding snack a party.
Why Make Rice Pudding in the Instant Pot
As busy working moms, we have limited time to spend with our children. If you work away from home you are gone 7 to 10 hours a day. If you work out of your home as I have most of my life, your attention during the day is mostly on work. If you are a stay-at-home mom, you are working all day long as you wear many hats, as you try to do it all from a teacher, nurse, housekeeper, and project manager. We all have limited time to enjoy and educate our kids, so spending hours in the kitchen tending to our appliances is what I try to minimize.
Any dish I can make in my Instant Pot is a win. Rice is the staple of Instant Pot cooking so to convert a home-cooked family rice pudding recipe is a no-brainer.
How to Make Rice Pudding in the Instant Pot
Rice Pudding in the Instant Pot is so simple it hardly needs a paragraph to tell you how to make it. Spray the inner pot of the Instant Pot with spray oil. Add all the ingredients, stir and lock the lid. Sit hight pressure to 10 minutes, keep warm for 10 minutes natural release and walk away.
Watch the Video for How Simple to Make!
Variation For Your Rice Pudding
- As I mentioned before I like my rice pudding to be white to start with. The creamy, warm, white pudding with sprinkles of cinnamon just makes me think of my grandmother’s kitchen. But there are many other ways to make your rice pudding. Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla to your mixture before cooking.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to your mixture before cooking.
- Add 1/2 cup of raisins, dark or yellow before cooking, or after when serving.
- Add some shredded coconut after cooking when you serve.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg before cooking
- Add nuts after cooking
- Use regular white rice
- Use Lactose-Free Milk
- Use Rice or Hemp Milk to make the recipe vegetarian
- Add any jelly on top
- And what we love the best top with Redi Whip Topping and sprinkle with cinnamon
- spray oil
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 1 & 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 can of Thai unsweetened coconut milk (13.66 oz)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- Whip Topping
- Spray the inner pot of the Instant Pot
- Add to the inner pot the rice, milk, coconut milk salt, and sugar.
- Secure the lid and set to high pressure for 10 minutes,
- After the cooking time is done, do a 10-minute natural release.
- After 10 minutes, release any pressure, and open the lid
- Remove the inner pot from the instant pot
- Stir and serve
- Add any cinnamon or raisins to your taste.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 + 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: How to make instant pot rice pudding no egg