Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy is a fabulous dinner full of beef & mushroom flavor with the savory hint of red wine. Your family will love this Instant Pot dinner served over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes. As a busy mom you will love that you do not have to stand over the stove, but spend time with your kids after a long day of work.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy meal to make in your Instant Pot, try these beef tips with mushroom gravy packet. With just a few simple ingredients and a quick cooking time, you can have a hearty and flavorful meal that will satisfy your cravings. Plus, the rich mushroom gravy adds a delicious touch that will make your taste buds sing.
How to Serve Instant Pot Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
- Our family favorite is with mashed potatoes. For an easy dinner I use the Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes (Refrigerated Dinner Sides). Easy to heat in the microwave. But I would agree that homemade is the best but how has the time on a busy weeknight dinner.
- Rice is also a perfect side if you are on a gluten free diet.
- Zucchini noodles, or low carb noodles are a good option for a keto diet.
Why make the Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy in the Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooking appliance makes any dinner quick & Easy. The Instant Pot is becoming my go-to appliance for every dinner recipes as I try to convert all our favorites over to pressure cooking.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or looking for a quick and comforting meal for your family, the Instant Pot is a game-changer for busy cooks who crave delicious, homemade meals without the fuss!
When it comes to cooking traditional dinner recipes, the Instant Pot is truly a kitchen superstar. I no longer spend hours simmering on the stove or waiting for flavors to meld in the oven. With the Instant Pot, I can achieve the same, if not better, results in a fraction of the time. It’s the best tool to make your traditional dinner recipes shine!
Note this post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
With the “Fairy Godmother for the working woman” (my Instant Pot) I put a few ideas together and I came up with a very similar dinner made quick & hands-free. After a long day working outside or inside the home, the last thing you want to do is take an hour to make dinner. But as modern moms, we want to serve our families healthy homemade foods.
With a few good Instant Pot recipes, you can skip the fast-food line and have dinner cooking in the same amount of time it takes you to wait for that “not so fast” and not so healthy food.
Our Dinner at Disney Edison Restaurant
Jim & I had a romantic dinner for two at the Edison restaurant in Disney Springs on our last vacation. On the menu was a signature dish of Beef Tips over Mashed Potatoes. The dish was rich and savory with a hint of red wine.
We savored a delicious signature dish of Beef Tips over Mashed Potatoes that left us craving for more.
Inspired by our visit to the Edison, we’ve recreated the mouthwatering Beef Tips over Mashed Potatoes recipe that’s perfect for indulging in a romantic dinner for two at home. The Instant Pot makes it incredibly easy and convenient to achieve tender beef tips and creamy mashed potatoes, allowing you to create a restaurant-quality dish without the hassle. Treat yourself and your loved one to this delectable recipe that’s sure to impress, making your date night at home a truly memorable experience.
To our surprise the kids love this recipe when we serve it over mashed potatoes.
Quick Tips To Make Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
- One of the ways to make this dinner quick and easy is to add a rich beef taste with convenient ingredients. Using a gravy mix and two different soup broths add this rich flavor without cooking a dish all day long. Durkee Mushroom Gravy Mix can be found in any food store. (The link will show you what the package looks like but you only need one, not a whole case)
- Another way to make Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy dinner faster is to have your meat already cut up into bite-size pieces in the freezer so your only chopping is the onions and the mushrooms.
- We purchase all of your meats at Costco, but as you know all of their packages are large, that is how you save, as you get more for your money. One of the ways to make this dish faster on a work night is to have the meat already cut and in the freezer. I purchased a large package of Beef Top Sirloin and cut up the whole package at once. Half of the meat I used for this recipe and the other half I put in a freezer bag in my freezer to use another night.
- One of the best features of using pressure cooking and the Instant Pot is that you can use frozen and fresh meat just the same. The pressure cooker has to come up to pressure for the cooking to start. If your meat is frozen you can add it frozen to the recipe after you saute the onions and mushrooms(you will skip the browning step). It will take the Instant Pot longer to come to pressure but you are free to spend time with the kids, dinner just takes a little longer to cook.
- I loaded the recipe up with more vegetables and was able to get rich gravy using a mushroom gravy packet. I also made Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti noodles to keep the recipe low carb. Now that we are home it is time to watch what we eat. (next time I make the recipe I will make mashed potatoes as it was so good)
- My last suggestion for making a week-night dinner quicker is to cook a large meal on Sunday. Cook up a large amount of mashed potatoes, rice or pasta, and have in the refrigerator dinners. I usually only keep cooked food in my refrigerator for 3 days, but with a family, it will be long gone by then.
- I have also made this recipe with frozen beef tips and added it to the Instant Pot without defrosting and without browning the meat. The recipe turned out delicious even with these modifications.
Check Out These Budget Friendly Instant Pots
Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy is a fabulous dinner full of beef & mushroom flavor with the savory hint of red wine. Your family will love this Instant Pot dinner served over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes. Served with Low Carb noodles, or zucchini noodles for a delicious Keto Diet Dinner.
- 2 pounds of Beef top sirloin (cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of Olive
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups of sliced mushrooms (sliced in large slices)
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 can of french onion soup
- 1 can of beef consomme
- 1 Package of Durkee Mushroom Gravy Mix
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Slice or cut the beef into bite size pieces
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Turn on Instant Pot to saute
- Add olive oil to the pot & warm
- Brown the beef and remove it to a plate.
- Add additional olive oil if needed
- Add onion, garlic and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes or until mushrooms are softened
- Add the beef back to the Instant Pot
- Add to the Instant pot the wine, french onion soup (do not add water), beef consomme, mushroom gravy mix, and Worcestershire sauce, Mix.
- Secure the lid and set it to lock. Set Instant Pot on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When time is done let slow release for at least 10 minutes.
- To thicken the sauce, mix cold water with the cornstarch and add to the pot.
- Set to saute and stir.
- I have also made this recipe with frozen Beef Tips and added to the Instant Pot without defrosting and without browning and it tasted just as delicious.
- Serve over Rice, Pasta, or Mashed Potatoes
- For Low Carb or Keto dish Serve over Zucchini Noodle or Tofu Shirataki Noodles
- If you do not have the Durkee Mushroom Gravy Mix you can add beef broth cubes or crystals.
Keywords: Instant Pot Beef Tips With Mushroom Gravy
Simple healthful ingredients with full flavors will make your family smile as they smell dinner as soon as you open the lid to your Instant Pot. The proportions are enough that for a family of 4 you will have leftovers for lunch. If you are on a low carb or Keto diet make a low carb pasta alternative. Enjoy a delicious dinner on a work night and spend the hours with your family, not the stove.