When your family wants takeout but you want to make sure they are eating as healthy a possible, making a big batch of Cashew Chicken in your Instant Pot solves both problems. Skip the take-out and control what is in your family’s meals.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
If you like Asian take-out and want to control the healthy ingredients for your family you may also like a super simple but delicious Japanese dish.
While our family loves to go out to eat, we have found that it is even more fun to make a quick delicious homemade Asian dinner at home. After a long week of the week to just stay home in comfortable clothes, put on a new move, and enjoy our dinner in the lining room with the whole family.
Each person can serve themselves, find a beverage that they like, and snuggle together on the couch for a movie night. We do not have to decide who goes out to find food or spend half the evening at a restaurant.
This is our go-to plan on Friday nights, especially in the winter here in Ohio. For more months than we like to admit it is dark by 4:30 pm and so cold no, one wants to go out for dinner. It is a fun family movie and a fire in the fireplace. This is the feeling of family and home I try to create as often as I can.
When having our take out dinner made at home it is so easy with a warm fire to make dessert with indoor s’mores. Just mention the word s’more and the kids will be all in for a home cooked meal.
Check Out These Budget Friendly Instant Pots
Tips for Making Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
- Find all of your ingredients so that you do not have to look around when you are in the middle of cooking.
- Find all of the measuring cups, spoons, and mixing utensils.
- Use a different cutting board for meat and veggies. It is important not to cross-contaminate fresh fruits and veggies with meat products.
- Cut the green pepper and set aside. You can add more than one if you want more veggies. I usually want to have two green peppers in my dish.
- To make the cutting of the chicken better, have the chicken slightly frozen. You can also use garden scissors instead of a knife if that is easier for you.
- I also use disposable latex-free gloves I get at a big box store when I am cutting chicken.
Instant Pot Cashew Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Cashew Chicken is a delicious take-out recipe you make right at home in minutes. Juicy tender chicken with crunchy cashews in a traditional garlic sauce that will satisfy the whole family. Almost quicker than ordering and driving to your local restaurant.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- 4 chicken breasts cut into cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves chopped)
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (or sriracha or barbeque sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 and 1/2 cups of unsalted cashews (at the end of the recipe)
- Serve with cooked white or brown rice
- Mix together soy sauce, water, vinegar, brown sugar, and ginger and set aside.
- Set the instant pot to saute for 10 minutes.
- Add oil to the pot and let warm for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken and brown for about 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, set the instant pot to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, liquid mixture, and the green pepper (but not the cashews), secure the lid, and set the valve to seal.
- When the 8 minutes are complete allow a 10-minute natural release.
- Open the lid and add the cashews and stir all together.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Keywords: Instant Pot Cashew Chicken Recipe