As busy moms, we all need collections of recipes that are quick to assemble, quick to make for dinner on an exhausting weeknight. Our goal is to feed our families non-processed foods without exhausting ourselves in the kitchen. We need dinners to bring us all to the dinner table but leave energy to spend quality time with our kids (and have the energy for ourselves and our husbands). Loaded Veggie Mac & Beef Casserole is one of these recipes you will make over and over again.
You may also be interested in Quick Instant Pot Mac & Cheese Recipe, check out the recipe here!
Very simple to put together in 20 minutes, layer in a casserole dish and pop it in the oven while you spend the rest of your weeknight doing what you want. You can even make this dish faster if on Sunday you brown your beef and your veggies. You can cool them down, put in a glass container and then they are ready to assemble on Monday night. For me, Monday night is the hardest for dinner as Mondays are always overloaded with work, school activities or appointments. Take 20 minutes on a Sunday to prep and then on Monday night when you get home, boil you needles, layer and in the oven for 40 minutes covered, and 10 uncovered.
Easy to Layer & Bake
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion
- 3 stocks of Celery
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Bell Peppers (any color)
- 2 small cans of Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 1/2 can tomatoes (& water)
- 8 oz of cooked egg noodles (1/2 of a bag of egg noodles)
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Set a pot of water on the stove to cook the noodles, when water is boiling cook to al dente. (just a little undercooked) Drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°
- Heat the oil in your saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute onions, celery, peppers, garlic & mushrooms, salt & Pepper until soft
- Remove and put in a bowl
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add your cooked veggies to the ground beef. Mix
- Add the tomato paste.
- Add a can of chopped tomatoes & water (if needed) to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Heat this mixture 5 minutes
- In your 13 x 9 casserole pan, layer a 1/2 of the meat mixture, then all of the noodles, then the rest of the beef mixture. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Bake in the oven covered at 350° for 45 minutes, then cook for 5 minutes uncovered to melt the cheese.
You can use any veggies you like, and you can use any cheese. I also cook the whole bag of noodles and use half in the casserole dish.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 70
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Mac and beef casserole
Want to Remember This? Save the Loaded Veggie Mac & Beef Casserole to your Favorite Pinterest Board!