Loaded Veggie Mac and Beef Casserole, a recipe that will soon become a family favorite in no time! The recipe is loaded with veggies, ground beef, and filling egg noodles, you will not believe how fast you kids will be asking for seconds.
In just 20 minutes of prep time, you can easily assemble the casserole and let it bake in the oven while you unwind from a busy weeknight. To make it even easier, you can brown the beef and veggies in advance, storing them in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble. Get ready for a tasty and hassle-free Monday night dinner adventure!
As busy moms, we all need collections of recipes that are quick to assemble, quick to make for dinner on an exhausting weeknight. Our goal is to feed our families non-processed foods without exhausting ourselves in the kitchen. We need dinners to bring us all to the dinner table but leave energy to spend quality time with our kids (and have the energy for ourselves and our husbands). Loaded Veggie Mac & Beef Casserole is one of these recipes you will make over and over again.
Try this Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipe
You may also be interested in Quick Instant Pot Mac & Cheese Recipe, check out the full recipe!
Monday night is the hardest for making dinner for me. Mondays are always overloaded with work, school activities or appointments. Take 20 minutes on a Sunday to prep and then on Monday night when you get home, boil you needles, layer and in to the oven for 40 minutes covered, and 10 uncovered. Now you have the rest of the early evening to spend with the family and wind down.
Easy to Layer and Bake
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.Print
As busy moms, we all need collections of recipes that are quick to assemble, quick to make for dinner on an exhausting weeknight. Non-processed foods For our families. Loaded Veggie Mac & Beef Casserole is one of these recipes you will make over and over again. Your family will love it.
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion
- 3 stocks of Celery
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Bell Peppers (any color)
- 2 small cans of Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 1/2 can tomatoes (& water)
- 8 oz of cooked egg noodles (1/2 of a bag of egg noodles)
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Set a pot of water on the stove to cook the noodles, when water is boiling cook to al dente. (just a little undercooked) Drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°
- Heat the oil in your saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute onions, celery, peppers, garlic & mushrooms, salt & Pepper until soft
- Remove and put in a bowl
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add your cooked veggies to the ground beef. Mix
- Add the tomato paste.
- Add a can of chopped tomatoes & water (if needed) to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Heat this mixture 5 minutes
- In your 13 x 9 casserole pan, layer a 1/2 of the meat mixture, then all of the noodles, then the rest of the beef mixture. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Bake in the oven covered at 350° for 45 minutes, then cook for 5 minutes uncovered to melt the cheese.
You can use any veggies you like, and you can use any cheese. I also cook the whole bag of noodles and use half in the casserole dish.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Mac and beef casserole