The perfect easy light Red White & Blue dessert for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, or Labor Day parties. If you are off to a picnic or a party on your deck at home, this patriotic dessert is quick & easy. Light, delicious & simple to prepare, perfect a kids’ activity in the kitchen.
4th of July is the peak season for Pick Your Own Cherries and we love to visit our local farm each year. Pick Your Own is so much fun with the kids even your older family members who are young at heart. The cherry season starts a little before the 4th but even this week they are loaded on the trees. We visit our local farm here in Ohio at Monroe’s Orchard established in 1938.
For an easy 4th of July dessert, all you need are some pretty glasses and a layer Red, White, & Blue. Angel food cake from the store, or made from a cake mix lines the bottom, fresh-picked and pitted cherries next, and blueberries on the top. And if you are like our family you have to top it off with Redi whip topping. You could also use white cake and raspberries, whatever your family enjoys.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Our town like many in the US has a big 4th of July parade with fair food and blow-up slides. All the baseball, softball, girl scouts, boy scouts, dance team march. Along with my favorite the VWF and retired and active military. The kids like the police and fire trucks and don’t forget the candy is tossed from the floats and trucks.
We sit on the lawn of my church I grew up in that is in the center of town and then we all come home for a huge picnic. Barbeque and salad, watermelon, and this year my easy parfait dessert.
As you can see, the idea was a hit, as my husband did not want to wait to eat the dessert even before I could get my photos. Luckily I have 8 pounds of freshly picked cherries so we have plenty more for our picnic on our deck after the parade.
The perfect easy light red white & blue dessert for 4th of July, Memorial Day, or Labor Day parties.
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 4 cups pitted Cherries
- 4 cups Blueberries
- Whip Topping or Whip Cream
- Buy a pre-made Angel Food Cake, or prepare per the instructions on the box mix. (see note below).
- Make a 1-inch slice of cake and cut to the size of the bottom of your glass.
- Place the cake in the bottom of the glass.
- Layer on about 1/4 of the Cherries
- Next, layer 1/4 of the blueberries
- Then top with a lot of whip topping or Whip Cream
- Put a cherry on top and serve.
- If making the Angel Food cake you will need to start 2 hours before you want to serve the dessert. Leave time for baking and an hour or so to cool.
- You can make fresh whipped Cream but we just use Redi Whip we love both.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: 4th of July Light & Easy Dessert