One of the best ways to save time after a long day at work or a long day with the kids is to toss healthy ingredients in your Instant Pot for your family dinner. Add a bag of salad and you are free to spend time with the kids not standing over the stove.
It is so easy to stop and get fast food but we all know that is not a good option. Once and a while it is a time saver but for your family’s health not to mention their weight fast food is not the answer.
Let’s make a commitment to feeding our families and ourselves fresh non-processed foods that help our bodies, give us energy, and help our little ones grow strong and healthy. But who has the time or wants to spend an hour in the kitchen standing over the stove cooking after a long day.
The answer is using that new Instant Pot Electric Pressure cooker you have not taken out of the box or have been dreaming of.
I have for you 7 of my Instant Pot Recipies that are family friendly, use simple easy to find ingredients, require manual chopping, and can be found at budget-friendly prices.
How To Make Easy Weeknight Meals For Busy Moms
- Use your Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker to make your main dish for weeknight meals.
- Any veggie chopping can be done the night before to have in the refrigerator when you are ready to start dinner.
- Keep your Chicken or Beef frozen. One of the best features of an Instant Pot is you can toss in all the ingredients with frozen foods, it just takes a little longer for your meal to get under pressure, but the dish turns out the same.
- Make sure you have at least 1/2 cup of a light liquid (Water, Broth, Wine, or Beer) as you will need this for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. If you do not have water to make steam in your pressure cooker it will not cook.
- I always check my ring to make sure it is in the lid correctly. I also run the ring underwater before I put the lid on the pot, you do not have to do this, but I find that the lid goes on easier when it is wet.
- Use the Saute function on the Instant Pot to brown your chicken or beef before you cook your dish if you want the meat to look like it came out of the oven. (but not necessary). Hit cancel after Saute and then program for pressure cooking.
7 Family Friendly Instant Pot Dinners
You can have the classic 50’s Cream of Mushroom Soup Chicken & Rice casserole dinner without the worry of getting it wrong. I use to make my mother’s casserole and it was either underdone, with crunch hard rice, or overdone. Now when you make the chicken and cream of mushroom soup in the Instant Pot the chicken is perfect. I make the rice separate and the dish is perfect. This is a family favorite in our home and it will be in your home too.
The guys in our home love this recipe, it is so quick and simple. You use whatever your family’s favorite barbecue sauce and you will have a delicious chicken barbecue sandwich in minutes.
One of the favorite Italian dishes at an Italian restaurant is Chicken Marsala. If you love mushrooms and the rich flavor of Marsala wine, you can make this dish at home quickly & easily in the Instant Pot. If you thought Chicken Marsala was complicated and time-consuming you will be able to make this dish every week in no time.
Classic homemade Mac & Cheese is quick & easy and on the table in minutes with your Instant Pot. When the family is hungry for dinner your Instant Pot Mac & Cheese is the quickest dinner you can make.
Using your Instant Pot you can have a filling dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes total. We love to make this dish when we go on our beach vacations. And yes I take my Instant Pot on vacation (lol).
Everyone loves chicken & rice dishes and with a little taco flavor, Taco Mexican Chicken & Rice is an easy family friendly weekly dinner.
Do you remember the TV Dinners from the ’50s & ’60s, Salisbury Steak was a big hit back them. Using ground beef or hamburger patties, you can have dinner ready for the family in no time without standing over a simmering frying pan.