Families love chicken for dinner. One of the best ways to save time after a long day at work or a long day with the kids is to toss healthy ingredients in your Instant Pot for your family dinner. Add a bag of salad and you are free to spend time with the kids not standing over the stove.
Chicken Instant Pot dinner recipes are budget friendly and your family will ask you to make them every week. Instant Pot dinner will help you have less time in the kitchen and more time with your family.
We have all made a commitment to feeding our families and ourselves fresh non-processed foods that help our bodies, give us energy and help our little ones grow strong and healthy. But who has the time or wants to spend an hour in the kitchen standing over the stove cooking after a long day.
The answer is using that new Instant Pot Electric Pressure cooker you have not taken out of the box or have been dreaming of.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Since Chicken recipes are a family go-to for dinner, I have for you 6 of my Chicken Instant Pot recipes that are family-friendly. Each recipe uses simple easy to find ingredients, requires manual chopping, and can be found at budget-friendly prices. I also have for you a FREE! e-book download of the recipes.
How To Make Easy Weeknight Meals For Busy Moms
- Use your Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker to make your main dish for weeknight meals. The Instant Pot makes an hour oven meal in less than half the time.
- Any veggie chopping can be done the night before to have in the refrigerator when you are ready to start dinner.
- Keep your Chicken frozen so that it keeps longer. One of the best features of an Instant Pot is you can toss in all the ingredients with frozen foods, it just takes a little longer for your meal to get to pressure, but the dish turns out the same.
- Make sure you have at least 1/2 cup of a light liquid (Water, Broth, Wine, or Beer) as you will need this for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. If you do not have water to make steam in your pressure cooker it will not cook.
- I always check my ring to make sure it is in the lid correctly. I also run the ring underwater before I put the lid on the pot, you do not have to do this, but I find that the lid goes on easier when it is wet.
- Use the Saute function on the Instant Pot to brown your chicken before you cook your dish if you want Chicken to look like it came out of the oven. (but not necessary). Hit cancel after Saute and then program for pressure cooking.
6 Easy Chicken Instant Pot Recipes Your Family Will Love
You can have the classic 50’s Cream of Mushroom Soup Chicken & Rice casserole dinner without the worry of getting it wrong. I use to make my mother’s casserole and it was either underdone, with crunch hard rice or overdone.
Now when you make the chicken and cream of mushroom soup in the Instant Pot the chicken is perfect. I make the rice separate and the dish is perfect. This is a family favorite in our home and it will be in your home too
The guys in our home love this recipe, it is so quick and simple. You use whatever your families favorite barbecue sauce and you will have a delicious chicken barbecue sandwich in minutes.
One of the favorite Italian dishes at an Italian restaurant is Chicken Marsala. If you love mushrooms and the rich flavor of Marsala wine, you can make this dish at home quick & easy in the Instant Pot.
If you thought Chicken Marsala was complicated and time-consuming you will be able to make this dish every week in no time. So simple to dump and go and costs a lot less
Kids love tacos. I think it is the fun of making their own plate and picking their own items. Everyone loves chicken & rice dishes and with a little taco flavor, Taco Mexican Chicken & Rice is an easy family friendly weekly dinner.
Warm packed with noodles Chicken Noodle Soup is made easy with a rotisserie chicken and your Instant Pot. Add all the veggies & the chicken in the Instant Pot and 6 minutes later you have a comforting steaming bowl of homemade Chicken Noodle soup.
Shredded Taco Adobo Chicken has a bold and spicy flavor. It is perfect for a Mexican dinner any night or away on your family vacation. Using an Instant Pot pressure cooker makes it quick and easy.
Now that you have 6 family-friendly recipes and your Instant Pot is out of the box you are ready to start making your weeknight dinner less stressful. Having a menu plan for the week, get your supplies stocked in the house and when the whole family is hungry you can make a delicious dinner in no time.
You also will feel better as you control the ingredients that your family is eating. I know our families are busy but we do not want to always resort to fast-food drive-through when time is short. Once you try these recipes I know your family will be asking for these dishes week after week.
If your family likes rice in order to make your dinner even easier a rice cooker is the perfect companion to the Instant Pot. Check out these options for a rice cooker. Another option is making your rice in a mini Instant Pot, which I love. Perfect rice every time. Put your rice in the rice cooker, the main dish in the instant pot and you are free to spend the time dinner cooked with your kids, not standing at the stove.