Easy Garden Fresh Tomato Pasta Salad
As the garden becomes more abundant in the hot days of July and August, as the tomatoes overwhelm our kitchen, this Easy Fresh Tomato Pasta Salad is one of my husband’s favorites. When the children were little I used to make this often, as our children like to eat just plain Pasta with Parmesan cheese, and then I would add the other ingredients for Jim and myself. Now that they are grown the whole family loves this dish.
Our best Springer Spaniel dog you have ever had has been Sassy who we purchased when Joey was four years old. She is kind, patient non-aggressive but at 11 is still somewhat hyperactive. She has never been aggressive towards the children are us. But oddity she has she likening for fresh on the vine tomatoes. She likes to eat strange things even though we do not feed her people food, marshmallows for one. When she was just a young puppy she would go into the garden and take the tomatoes from the vine and eat them in the yard. When we put in our electric fence we had to fence off the garden to keep her from munching on the veggies.
This is one of our standby recipes for a summer side dish. And while Sassy does not get the tomatoes she sits next to us on our beautiful deck while we eat out Fresh Tomato – Pasta Salad
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- 1 Box Pasta Shells
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Clove Garlic chopped fine
- 1/3 cup chopped Parsley
- 2 TLB Fresh chopped Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 TLB Olive Oil
- Start a large pot of water to boil on the stove top.
- Add a pinch of salt and a little olive oil to the water.
- When the water is boiling add your box of dry pasta shells and cook for the amount of time on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the tomatoes, onion, garlic parsley, basil. Add Salt & Pepper and 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil and mix.
- When the pasta is done drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Mix the pasta with the other ingredients. Cover and put in the refrigerator for an hour to chill.
- Then serve.
- Prep Time: 30
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Tomato Pasta Salad