Impossible™ Meat Vegetarian Chili
Impossible meat vegetarian chili is a quick and easy fall dinner recipe. Nothing tastes so good as a warm comforting homemade chili. Using the Impossible meat makes the chili recipe healthy if you are eating plant-based or just reducing red meat in your family’s diet.
What is Impossible™ Meat?
Impossible™ Beefmpossible™ Burger is made from plants to satisfy your beef cravings. It cooks like ground beef and tastes great in all your favorite ground beef recipes — tacos, meatballs, sliders, you name it! Because it’s made from plants, a 4oz serving of Impossible Burger has:
19g protein (same as 80/20 ground beef from cows!)*
0 mg cholesterol (compared to 80 mg)*
14g total fat (compared to 23g)*
8g saturated fat (compared to 9g)*
No animal hormones or antibiotics
Impossible Burger is also way better for the planet and uses 96% less land, 87% less water, and generates 89% less GHG emissions than beef from a cow.
You will love this cornbread recipe that goes perfect with any chili.
Simple Sweet Moist Cornbread -Traditional Recipe or Quick Mix
What to Top Chili for a Delicious Chili
- Shredded Cheder Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Jalapeno slices
- Green Onions diced
- Taco Strips
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomatoes with chilis
- Toppings: Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream
Ingredients for Impossable™ Meat Chili
- 1 package of Impossable™ Meat
- 1 large onion
- 3 green peppers
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 3 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomatoes with chilies
- Chili powder
- Garlic Powder
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Dutch oven
- Cutting Board
- A good knife
- Soup ladle
How to Make Vegetarian Chili
- Chop all of the veggies, the onion and green pepper, and any veggies for toppings
- In a large dutch onion on the stove top or large pot add the olive oil and onion. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the green pepper and cook for 8 minutes
- Add the Impossible™ meat and cook while stirring until it is no longer pink.
- Add the kidney beans, tomatoes with chilis, and diced tomatoes.
- Add all the spices and stir well
- Cook on medium until boiling then simmers for 15 minutes.
Impossible™ Meat Vegetarian Chili
Impossible meat vegetarian chili is a quick and easy fall dinner recipe. Nothing tastes so good as a warm comforting homemade chili. Using the Impossible meat makes the chili recipe healthy if you are eating plant based or just reducing red meat in your family’s diet.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 large onion cubed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 green peppers cubed
- 1 package of Impossible™ Burger Meat
- 2 cans kidney beans (15.5 oz) drained and rinsed (reserve 1/4 cup of the can of beans liquid if needed)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black cumin (optional)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilis (10 oz)
- 3 large cans of Die Fratelli Diced Tomatoes (28 oz) in Hearty Sauce ( or any large cans of diced tomatoes)
- toppings: Cheese, Sour Cream, Green onion, jalapeno.
- Chop the onions and green peppers, the recipe is best if you cube them to bit sized.
- In a large dutch oven or large cooking pot, add the olive oil and heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Next, add the green onions and cook for 8 minutes until the onion and peppers a cooked.
- Add the Impossible™ Meat and cook until brown. Stir while the plant based meat cooks. If the Impossible™ meat starts to stick add a little of the reserved liquid from the kidneys beans.
- After the plant based meat is cooked add tomatoes, tomatoes with chilies, kidney beans, and all the spices.
- Cover and cook on medium until boiling and then simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and cook until the chili is the thickness you like.
- Serve with lots of toppings.
Keywords: Impossible Meat Vegetarian Chili