If you love Chicken Pot Pie but do not have the time to make your favorite homemade recipe, using your Instant Pot has dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. While the recipe does not have a traditional crust, make quick and easy Bisquick biscuits. A quick hearty, filling dinner loaded with veggies and full of traditional chicken pot pie flavor.
A creamy veggie-loaded Chicken Pot Pie in the Instant Pot can also be used as a chicken pot pie filling. But if you want the fastest dinner for your family, simply make some biscuits in the oven while the filling cooks. Loaded with carrots and peas which will make your picky eater happy. And the kids will love the biscuits served with the filling or on the side.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I love a chicken pot pie with a light fluffy crust. But I love that I can have my favorite chicken pot pie in minutes with only a dump and go recipe in my Instant Pot. While the filling cooks hands-free in the Instant Pot you have the time to make quick and easy fluffy Bisquick biscuits.
Bisquicks biscuits have been a go-to recipe for our family from when the kids were very little. I make them on weekend mornings with just a heaping spoon full on a cooking sheet. On holidays I like to roll them out and use fun cookie cutters. I have bunny cookies cutters for Easter. Acorn, leaf, and squirrel cookie cutter for the fall. And of course our favorite shapes for Christmas.
The recipe for Bisquick biscuits is on the side of every box of Bisquick. Simple and fast drop and bake recipe.
- Heat the oven to 450°.
- Mix together 2 1/4 cups of Bisquick mix and 2/3 cup milk.
- Drop a spoonful of mix onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, watch your first batch bake until golden brown.
If your family loves chicken dinners but you do not want to stand over the stove all evening, but rather spend the evening with your family, you may be interested in:
Check Out These Budget Friendly Instant Pots
Do you love an old fashioned Chicken Pot Pie but do not have the time to make a homemade pie crust, making a white sauce and then bake in the oven? Now you can have the great flavor of Chicken Pot Pie with out all the work.
Inspiration taken from original recipe found @cookiewithkarli
- 1 cup of water (or chicken broth)
- 6 Chicken Tenders, fresh or frozen
- 2 Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 to 4 carrots peeled and cut in rings
- 1 cup of frozen baby onions
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup or 1/2 a small bag of frozen peas (not thawed)
- 1/2 cup of milk
To thicken the recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 1/4 cup of Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- Add to the inner bowl of the Instant Pot the water, chicken tenders, potatoes, carrots, baby onions, salt and pepper.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 8 minutes, when timer is done allow to slow release for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid, remove the chicken tenders and set aside, cut into bit size pieces.
- The the sauce add the frozen peas, stir and add the milk.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute.
- Mix together with a fork the softened butter and the flour, when the mixture is bubbly add the butter flour mixture, this will thicken the sauce.
- Next, add the chicken back in and stir.
- While the dish is cooking for the 8 minutes, stir together the Bisquick and the milk with a fork.
- On a greased cookie sheet drop the dough onto the cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve the Chicken Pot Pie in a large bowl with a biscuit on the side.
- I did not have chicken broth. I used one cup of water and 1 tablespoon of Chicken Granulated Bouillon, Sodium Free.
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie