If by the end of the day you are hungry for a homecooked dinner but just do not have the energy to start cooking, Crock-Pot Garlic Chicken using chicken tenders and pantry ingredients make the perfect dinner. Just add all the pantry staples in the Crock-Pot in the morning and have dinner ready when you are.
If you like this recipe you may also like:
Easy Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken Quick Family Dinner, made in the Instant Pot and comes out perfect every time.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Cooking chicken in a sauce of Cream of Mushroom Soup is a classic 50s family recipe. It became a go-to recipe for many families as you always have frozen chicken in the freezer and Cream of Mushroom Soup in the pantry. Add a few more pantry ingredients and 10 minutes in the morning before your day begins and dinner will be ready when you are ready.
How to Prepare Ahead Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Chicken
- Depending on your slow cooker, you can prepare the Garlic Herb Chicken Tenders the night before have it in the fridge. If you have a removable inner bowl.
- The night before you can also put every ingredient in zip lock bag or any container and dump all in the Crock-Pot in the morning.
- This recipe is truly a dump and go recipe. Set the temperature and the time and dinner will be ready when you are.
- One of my new favorite kitchen gadgets holds any size bag open on the counter and you are hands-free to fill without any help or any mess. Check out this cool gadget.
How to Make Garlic Herb Chicken in your Slow Cooker
As with most slow cooker or Crock-Pot recipe it this dinner is a simple dump stir and set the lid meal.
If you want to use the high-temperature setting for 4 hours I would thaw the chicken in the microwave so that you are not starting out with totally frozen chicken. But the process is the same.
I also use my Instant Pot to cook the brown rice when I have only 30 minutes before dinner. Again all you have to do is add all the ingredients and set the timer for 22 minutes for brown rice and 4 minutes for white rice. Brown rice I use 1 cup rice to 1 & 1/2 cups water. For white rice, I use one cup of rice to one cup of water.Print
- 6 to 8 Chicken Breast Tenders thawed
- 2 Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can of Water (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic whole
- 1 Onion cut into medium strips
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Thaw the chicken
- Mix together soup, water, basil, oregano and garlic
- Put the soup mixture in the Crock Pot, add the chicken and turn over to coat with the sauce.
- Next, add the onions and mix around,
- Optional add some fresh ground pepper on top.
- Set for 6 hours on low is best (or 3 hours on high)
- After 6 hours use a meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is at 165° F.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- I do not add salt to the recipe, but let each family member add salt to taste when serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Chicken Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 730mg
- Fat: 17.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20.9
- Fiber: 3.5
- Protein: 16.1
- Cholesterol: 44mg
Keywords: Crock-Pot Garlic Herb Chicken Tenders Pantry Dinner