Want to have the restaurant cheese Fondue experience without the cost in your own home? You will love this super easy Beer Cheese Fondue recipe. 3 pantry ingredients and then all the dipping. Rich, creamy, thick, with a hint of beer flavor for the Ultimate Easy Beer Cheese Fondue at home.
Why Make Cheese Fondue with Beer
When you start your cheese fondue with a good quality beer as the base. The beer it adds a special taste without having to use expensive cheeses. The recipe tastes like a fancy expensive restaurant cheese fondue but is so easy to make.
Do not worry about the alcohol. The recipe starts with adding the entire bottle of beer to the pan and bringing the bear to a boil. This cooks off all of the alcohol and makes it safe to have for kids or guests that do not drink.
When you shred the cheese and toss in a Ziplock bag with the cornstarch. Next, reduce the heat and add the cheese to the beer you manically have one of the best fondue cheese you will make at home. All homemade, low cost, and able to feed a crowd.
Copy Cat Melting Pot Restaurant Cheese Fondue Recipe
If you are looking for the great taste of the Melting Pot Restaurant but want to stay at home and keep the cost down you will love this recipe. The recipe just uses your local store cheddar cheese and a high-quality beer with a distinct taste. Simple ingredients with fast results and you have a party in no time.
Feel free to experiment with your favorite beer. And change up the cheese if you prefer to mix several kinds of cheese together. You just can not go wrong with the simplicity of the recipe. If you have a medium to a large family it is far more cost-effective to make simple cheese fondue and buy the dipping in bulk.
The Beer Cheese Fondue can be made as an appetizer with a few ingredients to dip in the creamy melty cheese. Or if you use like I have in my recipe, lots of veggies and mini hot dogs it is a meal in its self.
High School Birthday Party
When our city opened up the first Melting Pot Restaurant all of the junior and high school girls wanted to experience this new fancy dining experience. After hearing from the other moms how wonderful it was I made reservations for my two girls and me to have a special dinner.
Don’t get me wrong, the food at the restaurant was wonderful and we had a fun time just the girls’ night out. But … it was so expensive and not very much food for the price.
When my youngest wanted to take her friends to the restaurant for her next birthday I had a hard decision to make. We could not afford to take all of her friends and her sister at the high price. So I offered her to have all of her girlfriends and her sister and a few of her friends too, if they would let me make a “Melting Pot” themed party at our house.
After a lot of research and fun partying decorating, we had a huge fondue party where I started making this recipe. The party was a success, the girls stayed over for a slumber party and I was able to have 10 times the food for a fraction of the price.
We have been making this recipe every sense for birthdays, New Year’s Eve parties, and even Christmas dinner.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- A Bottle of Beer
- Mild or Sharp Chedder Cheese
- Corn Starch
- Large sauce pan
- Cheese Grater
- Fondue Set with Forks (the one I used)
- or an electric Fondue Set with Forks
You will love this super easy Beer Cheese Fondue recipe. 3 pantry ingredients and then all the dipping. Rich, creamy, thick, with a hint of beer flavor for the Ultimate Easy Beer Cheese Fondue at home.
- 1 bottle of Heineken Beer
- 8 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup of corn starch
- 1 large plastic Ziplock bag
Dippers for Fondue
- 1 loaf of crusty white bread
- 1 loaf of dark pumpernickel bread
- Parboiled Cauliflower
- Parboiled Broccoli
- Boiled mini red-skinned potatoes
- Mini pretzels several shapes
- Bagel chips
- Mini hot dogs
- Befor you start making the beer cheese fondue have all of the dipppers our and in small bowls or on a charcuterie board. Also boil any potatoes to fork tender and boil the cauliflower and broccoli in water for 4 minutes to par-boil.
- Shreed the cheese and place in a Zipp lock bag, add the corn starch and shake to coat all the cheese.
- In a large sauce pan add the bottle of beer and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes on a low boil.
- Reduce the heat and slowly add the cheese about a cup at a time, string constantly until the fondue is thick and creamy.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and enjoy.
- Use whatever is your favorite beer
- Use mild or sharp cheddar cheese
- You can use a combination of cheddar, Colby, and Swiss for a different taste.
Keywords: Easy Beer Cheese Fondue