Nothing says Sunday Noon Meal than a savory, full beef flavored Beef Roast with plenty of potatoes, carrots, onion, and mushrooms roasting in the oven. Perfect for a cozy family dinner with everyone home and relaxed, no specific plans but family games & movies. Now you can have this same family dinner in minutes – not hours with your Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Roast Beef the perfect Sunday dinner. Quick & Easy even if starting from frozen beef roast. Loaded with vegetables, carrots, onions, celery, & potatoes. Find the exact Instant Pot time for your roast beef dinner. Serve hot right after cooking or make cold roast beef sandwiches the next day.
If your family loves a hearty Beef Stew and you have little time to prepare, every ingredient can be added from frozen in the Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe that you may also be interested in.
The tradition of a Sunday Roast
Back in the ’60s & ’70s every Sunday my mother & father would make a Beef Roast in the oven. It was a tradition when I was going up as well for my husband & his family. Most of our friend’s families also had their family favorite recipe for a savory Beef Roast or as many moms called it a pot roast.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
When cooking in the oven, you put everything in the veggies & a covered oval roaster and cook covered for the amount of time for the roast to be done. For a 3-pound roast to be well done it takes about 2 hours. With the Instant Pot, you cook the Roast for about 40 minutes for well done, add the veggies, and pressure cook for another 6 minutes. Perfect every time.
Using the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker helps you get a home-cooked dinner on the table on Sunday or any night in less than half the time. The pressure cooker infused the meat with all of the beef flavors as nothing escapes until you release the pressure.Print
- 1 Beef Roast (1 and 1/2 pound roast)
- 1–2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups of Beef Broth (can use just water)
- 2 tablespoon Corn Starch
- Remove your roast from its package and salt & pepper liberally.
- Put the Instant Pot on the Sautee setting.
- Add the olive oil and when it is hot add the Beef Roast and Brown on all sides
- Add the Beef Broth.
- Set the Instant Pot on Pressure and 40 minutes for well done.
- When 40 minutes is completed release the steam and open the pot.
- Add all of the veggies chopped in medium to large pieces.
- Reset the lid to close and pressure cook for 6 minutes.
- When the veggies are done after 6 minutes release the steam manually and open the pot.
- Remove the veggies and the roast, cover to rest.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch to about 1/2 cup of water, mixing with a fork to get the cornstarch combined.
- With the Instant Pot on the saute setting to get the broth to start boiling. After it starts to boil, slowly stir in the water-cornstarch mixture. This will make the broth thicker. If you want to have the broth thin, just omit this step.
- Now you Roast Beef with veggies with a sauce is ready to serve.
- You will find cutting you roast when it is time to serve dinner that the best method is with an electric knife. Any cerated knife will work but to make sure to have a nice presentation an electric knife works best.
- For a 2 pound roast 70 minutes, for a 3 pound roast 80 minutes add 10 minutes for each pound.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Instant Pot
Keywords: Beef roast instant pot