Taking your family to Disney is such an exciting family vacation. You will want to start the excitement even before you leave the house with DIY crafts that build the excitement even before you leave the house. Creating and crafting as a family is a fun way to teach valuable skills to kids. Learning is always fun when Disney is the topic. Take your trip to the next level by crafting fun Disney themed projects with your children.
This year‘s trip, I designed a super simple ultra cute Disney Dole Whip inspired clutch for my girls. I wanted to surprise them with a cute extra makeup bag to help the kids keep their little items more organized in the hotel room.
Last year we designed Mickey & Minnie Mouse Inspired Super Simple Pillowcases, that the girls helped create. They were such a big hit in the Disney resort room I wanted another fun item that will remind them of our trip.
One of the favorite Disney treats that most families seek out each year is the famous Pineapple Dole Whip. Our family is no exception and we try to find one snack of Dole Whip each day. Dole Whip can only be found on Disney properties so it becomes a daily scavenger hunt activity.
The design of the clutch brings out the “fun of the hunt” for our favorite Dole Whip and for the determined search for the creamy pineapple sherbet/ice cream goodness. “I Vacation for Dole Whip” is our motto on each trip.
Dole Whip Recipies
If you are interested in bringing a little of this delicious treat into your own home after your Disney vacation I have two posts where I have created a Dole Whip theme recipe.
- Easy 3 Ingredient Pineapple Ice Cream is very simple to make and has the ice cream smoothness of Pineapple Dole Whip.
- Easy 3 Ingredient Pineapple Sorbet, has the awesome pineapple flavor but is dairy free.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Canvas Clutch, Here on several styles, Here is a 4 set with Wristlet
- Iron on Transfer Vinyl: The Best Vinyl you can buy!
- Cricut Cutting Machine (Great Sale Price on Explore Air 2)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Or the new Cricut Easy Press
Design your pattern in Design Space with Cricut Explore Air.
- The Pineapple is Design #M3F354
- The Font is Dom Casual Standard Regular
- Print & Cut on copy paper a sample of your design to make sure you like it and it is the proper size for your clutch. Take a step back see if this is how you want your clutch to look.
- When you love the size and the pattern it is now time to cut.
- Most Important Next Step: Make sure your design is Mirror/reversed
- Place your Iron-on Vinyl shiny side down on your cutting mat.
- Set the material setting knob to “Vinyl”.
- Cut and remove from the machine and then from the mat.
- Weed out the Vinyl that is not the design with your weeding tool.
- Placing the cut vinyl that has been weeded on to your clutch so the non-shiny ink side on the clutch and the shiny side is up, iron on the image to your clutch.
- Press and lift do not rub like you are ironing.
- Lift off the shiny backing and your clutch is done!
The design possibilities are endless. We love finding new locations for Dole Whip so this design was perfect. When I handed them out there were smiles all around.