Vegetarian Spaghetti 6 minutes to Dinner
Using my electric pressure cooker to make meatless spaghetti is a new recipe for me. But because I am planning our beach vacation I am loving how simple and easy this dinner will be.
This is the 3rd in my series on Saving Money on Your Beach Vacation. When I am vacationing with our family this tip is a life saver. The last thing I want to do on vacation is stress as we all go to a fancy restaurant and then worry about how much money we just spent. The other last thing I want to do is stand in the kitchen and slave over the stove.
Making dinner in our room with my electric pressure cooker solves both of these problems. The meals are quick and easy and save a ton of money.
Meatless Veggie Crumble Spaghetti Tastes Just like Meat Sause
This is a new recipe for me that I was inspired by a blurb I saw on TV one night. I have made mac & cheese for years in the pressure cooker which is a no meat pasta but not a tomato sauce recipe. I know that you can cook pasta dry in minutes and this recipe looked so good I had to experiment. With a bag of veggie crumbles, dry pasta, cheeses and prepare marinara sauce tossed in the pressure cooker dinner is done is less than 15 minutes from start to finish.
The first time I served this recipe to my family I did not tell them it was vegetarian. I just asked if they liked it and was pleased that a big yes was the answer. I then disclosed it was vegetarian crumbles and not meat and that was even better as we are all watching our weight.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- 1 uncooked package of Pasta
- 1 large jar of pre made Marinara Sauce (at least 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 of a package of Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 a ball of Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 package of frozen veggie crumbles
- Put all of the ingredients in the pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid, secure the valves to seal
- Put the timer on 8 minutes.
- When timer is done fast release to make sure the pasta is no over cooked.
- You can heat the veggie crumbles in the microwave for faster cooking.
- You can also set the timer for 6 minutes if you do not want to fast release.