It is always a challenge to find a quick dinner when everyone is tired and hungry. If you love Mexican food and the flavors of Tacos, you will love the speed at which you can make this dinner. Your family will love the taste of this Instant Pot Taco Mexican Chicken & Rice.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
It does not matter if you are using fresh or frozen chicken, the Instant Pot adjusted the cooking time so the recipe is perfect. With just two steps and locking and sealing the lid, you will have dinner in 10 minutes under pressure about 30 if the chicken is frozen.
No matter what electric pressure cooker you use the process is the same. Just chop up the onions, mushrooms, and peppers toss them in the pressure cooker with a tablespoon of olive oil, and set the Instant Pot on Saute. Let the vegetables soften and then toss in the rest of the ingredients. You then have your hands free to take care of the kids, find out about their day, and help them with homework or play.
There is nothing worse than working all day coming home and having everyone hungry complaining and all you want to do is enjoy your evening. Even if you are a work at home mom, I know I just want some downtime and to eat myself. The electric pressure/instant pot allows you to cook and take it easy at the same time. It is like a fast slow cooker.
If you have a baby at home you know that when you are home you want to make sure your time is spent with the baby, not on the kitchen stove. If you do not have an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker you have to try it. It may seem complicated but with a little practice, you will be confident. Just start with a simple meal like this chicken & rice. Then experiment and change up the veggies and the spices and you and a lot of options.
- 1/2 of a large Onion chopped
- 5 large Mushrooms large chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Yellow or Green Pepper chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 package of Frozen Corn
- 1 Can of Red Kidney Beans
- 2 Chicken Breasts chopped in bit size pieces
- 2 packages of Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup of rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup of Water
- Turn your Instant Pot on to sauté
- Add the onion, mushrooms, peppers and cook to tender
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Next add the corn, rinsed beans, seasoning packages, rice, water, and chicken.
- Secure the lid and lock it to Seal.
- Cancel out the settings,
- Now press the “Pressure Cook” Button on the bottom right
- Set the time to 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, do a fast release.
- Remember to keep your hand away from the steam when you set the top knob to vent.
- Remember while the time is set for 10 minutes it can take 5 to 10 minutes to get to pressure depending on how cold your chicken is.
- You can make the recipe with any vegetable, been and seasoning you want the basic method is the same.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Hispanic
Keywords: Instant Pot Taco Mexican Chicken & Rice