Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream made in the Ninja Creami is so delicious and easy to make. Light creamy, and make 4 serving at a time. Easy to customize to any dietary needs. The best homemade ice cream you will ever make at home.
How Worthless My Old Ice Cream Machine Was – Did You do this too?
When my kids were very little I bought one of those expensive ice cream makers that had the big drum that had to be super frozen to work. I made a batch of ice cream, the kids were excited and we waited for 30 minutes. Yes, the ice cream was good but 1/3 of it stuck to the drum and could not get off. I had to wash it off, which warmed it up, and then it was 3 or 4 days before we could make more.
It was so frustrating to combine all the ingredients and not get that much ice cream and then have to wait days to try again. I think I only used it 3 times and it sat in the basement.
The Ninja Creami Sits on my Counter!
The Ninja Creami comes with 3 containers and I purchased 2 more. I always have 4 filled and frozen in the freezer. When one of the kids wants Ice Cream in a minute and a half we have the best creamy healthy ice cream.
Yes, you can make the ice cream with heavy whipping cream (and that is how I started) but I can tell you it is just as easy to use skim milk, coconut milk, or just a can of fruit in its own juice. You will love the copycat Disney Dole Whip (recipe coming)
I love that I can use canned fruit and make a quick and light evening dessert in the spring or summer. I am still discovering all kinds of fun recipes. You can check out all the different recipes on the Ninja Creami site.
I would say the Ninja Creami is the best ice cream machine we have ever had. It is a Ninja machine that makes all kinds of frozen desserts, like ice cream, sorbet, smoothie bowls, gelato, and milkshakes.
The Ninja Creami does not use the big bowl that has to sit in your freezer at all times and never worked right. You use plastic containers that hold a little over a cup of your favorite ice cream mixture and make 4 servings.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The Ninja Creami comes with 3-pint containers with lids. You will love the results so much that you will want to buy extra Ninja Creami Containers to make even more desserts stored in your freezer.
Is the Ninja Creami Worth it?
After using the Ninja Creami for 4 months I resoundingly say it is worth the price if you love ice cream and want to control the ingredients in your food.
While you have to wait 24 hours for the ingredients to freeze if you make a pint every time you use a pint, you will always have the most delicious ice cream dessert treat.
I am so happy I no longer have to buy ice cream at the store where the price keeps rising and there are so many preservatives that I do not know how to pronounce.
Does the Ninja Creami Make Soft Serve?
Yes, the Ninja Creami makes a version of soft serve. If you let the pint sit out for 10 minutes before you spin it you will get a delicious creamy soft serve. I like to spin it a second time to make the ice cream extra creamy.
How Long Does the Ninja Creami Take to make Ice Cream?
It takes at least 24 hours to have the mixture you create freeze in order to mix in the machine. However, that being said, I have mixed it 12 hours after I made ice cream and it still worked, just with a more soft serve texture.
What is the difference between the setting on the Ninji Creami?
Ninja Setting – What Recipe are they For?
- Ice Cream Setting: Use this recipe for decadent rich full fat Ice Cream.
- Light Ice Cream Setting: Us this setting for Ice Cream with low fat and nondairy recipe
- Glaito Setting: This setting is for the Glaito recipe in the recipe book that comes with the Ninja Creami
- Sorbet Setting: This setting turns the simplest fresh or canned fruit ingredients into smooth, light, low-fat sorbets. You can use apple sauce, canned mandarin oranges, canned pineapple, or any canned fruit.
- Smoothie Bowl Setting: This setting makes nutritious smoothie bowls or lite ice cream. The smoothie bowls use yogurt or any fruit and fruit as the base.
- Milk Shake Setting: This setting is used for creamy milkshakes with customized ingredients and flavors. (our family favorite is chocolate ice cream with peanut powder with milk for a chocolate peanut butter milkshake)
- + Mix In Setting: Us this setting after you have made your dessert and you want to add chocolate chips, candy bar pieces, nuts, fruit, or any chunkey add-in.
- Re-Spin: This setting is used when you have a very frozen pint container and the ice cream is a little grainy. The re-spin makes the dessert smooth and creamy. You can also let the container sit for 2 minutes and then re-spin for a more soft-serve texture.
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Agava
- 1 cup of fat-free half and half (or regular half and half)
- Add the fresh strawberries to a medium mixing bowl. With a fork or a potato masher crush the berries to small pieces.
- Add the sugar and agave and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add and mix in the half and half.
- Pour into the Ninja Creami container to the fill line, and place on the lid.
- Freeze for 24 hours.
- The next day take out of the freezer the container and remove the lid.
- Insert the container into the outer holder of the machine.
- Check the lid of the outer holder to make sure the blade is secure, and place the outer lid on the outer container.
- Insert the outer container into the machine and twist to the right.
- Turn on the Ninja Creami and select the ice cream setting.
- When the machine is done open the lid and see if it is creamy enough, if not put it back on the machine and use the “re-mix” setting.
- If you want to add in any extras like sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, add them to the inner container, secure the lid, place it back on the machine and use the “add-in” setting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Ninja Creami
Keywords: Ninja Creami Healthy Strawberry Ice Cream