Pina Colada Fluff us a modern version of the traditional 50’s ambrosia side dish. Ambrosia my aunt use to make and tell me it is called “food of the Gods”. Like the traditional version of ambrosia, Pina Colada Fluff is made of whip topping, pineapple, and coconut. And I do not want to forget the mini marshmallows when you add is an adult version of the fun popular 50’s dessert.
Any of the usual fluffy fruit side dishes are made of pineapple, mandarin oranges, coconut, nuts, and mini marshmallows. I remember fondly as a kid many ambrosia dishes at all the holiday gatherings. For Pina Colada Fluff I am switching it up to have coconut, chopped nuts, and run extract which makes a perfect light side dish that can be a dessert for any dinner or card party.
Click here to sign up for email updates, so you do not miss a thing.
You will also have access to the Printable Library. The Printable Library is free and has fun and helpful printables. Click here to sign up for the Printable Library.
I am so excited to make the pina colada fluff for next months card party at our house. A lot of our friends do not want the heavy desserts after dinner. While I remember fluff being a side dish, it is perfect as a light dessert. I can dish this up in parfait glasses and really put a wow factor to it.
Pina Colada Fluff was inspired after I made my traditional Watergate Salad Fluff, by a recipe from Mom on Timeout. I reviewed her recipe and as always made it my own. For her original recipe click here.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
One of my favorite flavors is Pina Colada but we do not have drinks out much and a lot of time they are too sweet. I think you will love the tropical flavor without all of the sugar as I use a sugar-free version of vanilla instant pudding. You get the great taste with the beach feel with less sugar.
- 1 box of sugar free Jell-O instant Vanilla Pudding, 1 oz box
- 1 can of Crushed Pineapple in 100% juice do not drain, 20 oz can
- 1/2 tsp of Rum Extract
- 1/2 cup of chopped Pecans
- 3 cups of Mini marshmallows
- 1 cup of coconut shredded
- 1 Cool Whip 8oz thawed
- Empty the pudding mix in a large bowl. (no not follow the directions on the box).
- Add the whole can of pineapple with the liquid to the pudding and mix well to remove any lumps.
- Add the rum extract
- When this is mixed well add the pecans, marshmallows and the coconut and mix.
- Lastly add the Cool Whip and with a folding motion mix all together.
- Put on one large bowl for a buffet table and picnic or put in individual parfait glasses.
Find where I share my post at my favorite Link Parties: Click Here