Valentines Heart Shaped Bisquick Biscuits Recipe
Bisquick Cut Out Biscuits – Valentines Fun for Your Little Ones
When my children were little ones, every Valentine’s Day we baked cut out heart-shaped sugar cookies, and one day I decided that the same cookie cutters could be used to cut out heart-shaped Bisquick biscuits as a symbol of my deep love for our children. They loved the shapes so much I have baked shaped biscuits for every holiday.
Growing up my mother had a lot of cookie cutters. Not only did she have the traditional Christmas shapes but she had a collection for every holiday.
As my family started to grow, I was able to find some of our old cookie cutters from my childhood, and I have purchased a large variety of cookie cutters for every season and holiday. I love to make Bisquick biscuits, rolling them out and cutting them with a cookie cutter for each occasion.
As February is Valentine’s, this month biscuits are cut out with beautiful and various sized heart-shaped cookie cutters. When we turn the corner to spring, birds, Easter eggs, and bunnies will be the next shape use when we have warm biscuits from the oven.
How to Make Bisquick Heart Shaped Biscuits
- Simply use the instructions on the side of the Bisquick Mix box to have the right proportion of ingredients for cut out biscuits. You can always make drop biscuits but you need the recipe for the cut out biscuits.
- Traditionally cut out biscuits were made with different size round biscuit cutters. But have fun and use all your families’ favorite shapes. Any medium-size cookie cutter will work and hold its shape as long as it is not too intricate in the design.
- After you mix the batter, sprinkle the Bisquick Mix on your rolling surface to use as flour. Just as you sprinkle flour on your surface to roll out cookie dough, spread the dry mix on your surface and on your rolling pin.
- After the dough is mixed and forms a ball kneed about 10 times before rolling out.
- Roll out the dough about 1/2 inch thick and cut out heart shapes of all sizes.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 450° for nine minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Serve with butter, honey, or jam.
I like to make homemade warm biscuits when I make a bowl of homemade soup or as an alternative for bread for many Italian casserole dishes. Sometimes I feel that a recipe just needs a little something else on the plate, and a cozy warm beautifully shaped biscuits on the plate does the trick.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 9
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 9 1x
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup Milk
- Pre- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix Bisquick and milk with a fork, add additional Bisquick to be able to form a ball and put on a baking mat. Knead 10 times.
- Roll to 1/2 thick and use your favorite cookie cutter.
Keywords: Heart Shaped Bisquick Biscuits
Very pretty cookies and a perfect way to spend time with the family.
Thank you for bringing it to Fiesta Friday, http://fiestafriday.net/2018/01/05/fiesta-friday-205/
These are absolutely perfect! So easy and delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe at the #ahppynowlinkup
Aren’t these fun! I bet the littles and the adults love these! Thanks for sharing this at Fiesta Friday!
These look amazing and so simple to make.
What a great cute idea!
I always make my biscuits heart shaped toooo!
Cute idea! Maybe I need to change up my typical heart-shaped pancakes for some biscuits on Valentine’s Day. Gotta love the simplicity of Bisquick! Visiting from Inspiration Monday party.
So, homemade biscuits are one of the best things ever, but making them heart-shaped sounds extra sweet. Thanks for sharing at the #happynowlinkup!
Love this. Pinning for later.
These look fantastic and I love the idea of heart shapes.
Those are adorable. I need to make these for my family. Such a good idea using cookie cutters.
February 14th breakfast — with bright red strawberry jam!