Starting a New School Year is so exciting, new school supply shopping, purchasing new fall outfits, meeting new teachers and classmates. However, it can also be stressful in keeping organized, especially if you have more than one child in more than one school building. The Solution is planning, scheduling, with multiple platforms, your phone, computer, and paper. Fill out the form for Instant Access!
If you have kids in college you may also be interested in College Time Management || Stay Productive with Time Blocking
The solution to calm your mind while still getting everything done, & everyone to the correct place at the same time is a Time Management Hack, called Time Blocking. It is simple and quick with these beautiful cute Free Printables you are Free for you to use over and over again.
I am a firm believer in taking 5 to 10 minutes a week, and 5 to 10 minutes each day. ( I do my planning in the evening when the kids are asleep and I can reflect on the day & plan for the next) You will be able to start each day with a plan in your head of what & how you are going to get everything done. This planning works because you calmly determine what can and can not be done and move items to another day.
Please remember that you are the Boss of this planning there are no mistakes, no failure. Go ahead and put a little too much in your day, but do not feel bad if it is not all accomplished, just move it to another day. If you plan too much I will print another planner, tear up the last and start over. The idea is to reduce stress not cause more.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
How to use Time Management Worksheets
- Print out the Time Blocking Printable, grab a cup of coffee and plan out your week.
- Write everything down no matter small.
- Start with the appointment and things that are out of your control. School obligations, doctor appointments, and work if you work outside the home.
- Now, look at the block of time that is left.
- Set out three goals you want to get done this week and break them down into small steps. Actions that can take only 15 to 30 minutes. (cleaning out a drawer, reorganize your bedroom, work on your dream business)
- Take one or two of the block of time for the week and start one small step at a time.
- Remember you have 1 page for Brainstorming what needs to get done, and what you want to create.
- After you have your Week Planned out, each evening take 10 minutes and plan out the next day.
- You will be amazed at how much you can get done when you have a plan on paper and in your head.
- Time Blocking does not take the place of your electronic calendar or planner calendar. Set all your appointment in your master calendar first and then transfer them each week to the time block worksheet.
- When I get papers from my kids’ schools I make sure within a day or two, no longer, I put all days off, holidays, meetings, practices, any schedule in my phone calendar. I put it all into the end of the year. I know if I do not do this right away things get away from me, I lose the paper, and then I miss something.
Remember only you see how you have set out your week and you can change it or start all over at any time. Life with kids and a family will always mess up your plans but it is not about sticking to a schedule as seeing the time you can if you want to make for bigger goals in your life.