Simple fresh strawberry pie made without Jello is full of sweet juicy strawberries and set in a buttery homemade pie crust. So simple to make from scratch. Top with fresh whip cream or simplify it with the family’s favorite Redi Whip. Arrive home from U-Pick Strawberry farm and make this strawberry dessert to wow your family.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Fresh Picked Strawberries
Nothing says the start of summer more than picking fresh strawberries on a U-pick strawberry farm. As soon as Christene was able to walk, I took her with my best friend Linda to go strawberry picking at a local strawberry farm. With the arrival of our two other children Katie and Joey, the trip becomes an annual event.
With little ones, an outing to pick strawberries is a fun easy way to get the whole family outside. While everyone is relaxing you can make this delicious strawberry pie for dinner. It does take some time to refrigerate so make it as soon as the berries are home. Strawberry pie will be gone in one night so be ready to make another one. Or better yet make two and you will be ready for the next night.
We love to eat strawberries fresh or served over strawberry shortcake, best yet eaten fresh in the field. This no Jello Strawberry pie will soon be a family favorite as well. Part of the appeal is not only the fabulous fresh strawberry taste but the way the strawberries are arranged in the pie pan. Taking the biggest strawberries cut them flat on the bottom and line them up in the pre-baked pie shell.
When I was a little girl we also picked strawberries in the field in June. My mother would include the addition of rhubarb from fresh rhubarb plants that were at the side of our house. Strawberry rhubarb pie was the pie my mother had grown up with and that she passed on to my sister and me.
When Jim and I were first married I used to make the strawberry rhubarb version but when the children came along this easier more decorative pie became the favorite.
- 1 Pie Crust Homemade or store bought
- Pie weights
- 5–6 cups Whole Fresh Strawberries
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 TLB Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Water
- Pre-Heat Oven to 450 degrees
- Make sure your pie crust covers the edge completely so it does not shrink.
- Put parchment in the bottom of the pie crust and fill it with pie weights.
- Bake the pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan at 450°F for 9 to 11 minutes until golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Crush 2 cups of strawberries in a saucepan.
- Add Sugar, Cornstarch, and Water.
- Cook over low heat stirring until dissolved and liquid is clear.
- On medium heat bring to a boil until clear & thickened.
- Cool the sauce completely.
- Place remaining large Strawberries in the cooled crust and tip-up like little mountains to fill the pie crust.
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the Strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Top with whip cream
- Serve with Whip Topping of course!
- Prep Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fresh Strawberry Pie