Simple Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is a perfect addition to our weekend meals. Our family is working toward better health and wellness this year with a focus on simple ingredients and eating more vegetables. Butternut squash soup is quick, easy, simple ingredients and all vegetables.
The soup is so much fun and easy in the Instant Pot. Cooking time is cut in half and flavor is infused in the food.
To add a little creaminess, I did add a splash of heavy cream to each person bowl, however, it is delicious, smooth, and flavorful all by itself. This soup is perfect for a cold winter weekend meal or a savory summer quick soup for a backyard on your deck picnic.
Soup all from Costco
Your quick dinner can be packed with vegetables, all from Costco! Yes, I purchased everything for this soup at Costco when we stopped for gas.
We go to Costco for all our gas and therefore with both of us traveling for work we get gas all the time. To save time and money I look at their great prices and have found that you can get organic, whole foods the no GMOs all at Costco.
Being a busy mom like you I do not want to be going from store to store. So my challenge has been to find healthy dishes I can make all from Costo, my one stop.
I love butternut squash but it is so hard to cut up and peel. In the store, I found peeled and cubed butternut squash in their refrigerator section and soup was on the menu. You can also find the peeled and cubed in the freezer section and I am going to try my next version with the frozen and see the difference
I purchased the butternut squash, the onions, the peppers and garlic and the cornstarch at Costco. I had in my cupboard the ground ginger. The only other staple that did not come from Costco was the vegetable broth.
The more we are focusing on healthy eating the more I find the best options at Costo. The sizes may be large, but there are only three of us at home and I just portion it out and freeze what I can not use in a week.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy
Quick Guide to Supplies Needed:
Check Out These Budget Friendly Instant Pots
Simple whole foods quick and easy in your pressure cooker
- 2 TLB Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion ruff chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves whole
- 3 Peppers, I used 2 red & 1 yellow but any color is fine
- 1 package of pre-peeled & cubed Butternut squash from Costco
- 1/4 tsp ground Ginger
- 1–32 oz box of Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups of Water
- 2 TLB of Corn Starch
- Heavy Cream if desired for garnish
- Turn on your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker to saute and add the olive oil, onion, peppers, and garlic.
- Saute, stirring on and off until the onions are translucent.
- Add the butternut squash, vegetable broth, water, ginger salt, and pepper.
- Hit the cancel button.
- Secure the lid and set to Pressure Cook.
- Set the top knob to Sealing.
- Set time to 10 minutes.
- When the time is done you can quick release the steam or let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Unplug the pressure cooker.
- Very carefully take an immersion blender and blend all the vegetables. The soup will be very hot so be careful not to splash as you blend.
- Take the cornstarch in a small bowl and mix with 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Plug in the pressure cooker again.
- Add this mixture to the soup and mix.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute again to get the soup boiling which will help the cornstarch thicken the soup.
- Turn off and serve.
- Serve and add a spoon of heavy cream if you desire for a garnish.
- This recipe can be made on the stove top in a soup pot also, it will just take a little longer for the squash to be fork tender.
- You also can not add the water if you want a thicker soup.
Keywords: Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup