Spicy Zucchini Noodles Side Dish
When I found out that we were having friends, who were visiting family from out of town, over for dinner I wanted to have a vegetable dish with a little spice. Because our garden is full of zucchini deciding that a zucchini dish was in order was an easy pick.
My second thought was that I have been using my spiralizer ever I received it for Christmas. When you add them together spicy spiralized zucchini needles was the dish I wanted to have as a side dish for our party.
This is my first dish with a peanut sauce. I love peanut sauce dishes when I have had them out but never tried them myself. I found this dish from at Salt and Lavender and looked in my kitchen for what I had on hand. Based on what I had on hand I made a few adjustments. My spicy spiralized zucchini noodles dish was one of the hits of the night. Even the little three-year-old guest loved them, I could not believe it as the dish was very spicy.
You can add more spice or reduce the sriracha sauce to make this dish fit your family’s love or dislike of sriracha. also, I did not have the cashews when I made this the first time and it was still great. You could use whole peanuts as an alternative to cashews.
If you are looking for a vegetarian side dish that is full of flavor you will not go wrong. The spice makes this vegetable dish with a kick of sauce, no guilt, and very filling.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You will love spiralizing your zucchini and all of your vegetables. Preparing your vegetable in this way make them fun for the kids and adults alike. Veggie noodles make any ordinary dish stand out and I would encourage you to get a spiralizer for your kitchen. I have tried the cheap ones and they are a waste of money. I have the attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer and it is sturdy and quick.
- KirchenAid Spiralizer Attachment (what I used)
- Veggie Bullet Electric Spiralizer (My next new appliance)
- All other spiralizer options
- White Serving Bowl
Enjoy this fresh spicy vegetable dish for dinner or your next party.Print
- 6 Zucchini Med or 8 small spiralized
- 4 Carrots peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 TLB Cilantro chopped
To Make the Sauce
- 1 1/2 TLB Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 1/2 TBL Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp soy Sauce
- Lime Juice of 4 limes
- 2 cloves Garlic pressed in garlic press
- Spiralize as many zucchini as you need for your dish. I used 8 medium. Spiralize the carrots if they are the right size, I grated mine on a a hand grater.
- Then you need to make the sauce: In a large frying pan that will at the end hold the noodles, add peanut or almond butter, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, line juice, and garlic. Heat until it is all combined and bubbly.
- When the sauce is ready add the carrots, zucchini. Toss with tongs this may take a while and do it slowly to get everything covered.
- After the noodles are warm and some of the water from the noodles has thinned out the sauce, add the cashews and the cilantro and again toss.
- I made this with out any nuts and it worked fine also.
Keywords: Zucchini Noodles in Peanut Lime Sauce