Crock Pot Pineapple BBQ Chicken is so easy to make. It is sweet and tangy, perfect for a busy night’s family dinner or a picnic for family and friends on your deck. Resist the urge to pick up unhealthy fast food for dinner when you are tired from a busy day. In the morning simply add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and let it make dinner for you.
For too many years when my kids were young, I would just stop at our favorite fast food after a long frustrating busy day. I like you did not want to cook every night. But our families needed to eat and I was in charge (how did that happen, oh if I left it to my husband it would be fast food).
I know how frustrating evenings can be with work to be finished and a long drive home. Knowing dinner will be the first thing everyone wants to know it can be stressful. So to solve two problems, how to feed my family healthy fresh ingredients and not have to cook when I was tired at the end of the day, I started looking for simple Crockpot recipes that everyone would eat.
If serving a whole chicken breast is too difficult for little ones to eat, making this recipe which is a pulled Chicken Recipe makes dinner easier. Your toddlers can easily just eat the chicken with a small fork or as we all know with their fingers. The big kids will love making their own sandwiches and adding extra barbecue sauce on top.
Using the Crock Pot Slow Cooker to make an easy chicken dinner is a hands free way to cook frozen chicken breast. You can thaw the frozen chicken breast first as I did. Or if you are in a rush just add frozen. By the time you are ready to make shredded BBQ pineapple chicken sandwiches the chicken will be perfectly cooked.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Does your family love Dole Whip? Ours does and we look for all the locations at Disney where we can stop on all our vacations. Pineapple is a delicious ingredient that can make even a boring recipe pop with flavor.
If you are interested in finding Dole Whip my recipe on Easy 3 Ingredient Pineapple Ice Cream has all the locations.
How to make Crock Pot Pineapple BBQ Chicken
- Get your Crock Pot ready on the counter in a safe location.
- If your chicken is frozen defrost at least 3/4 of the way.
- If you have large breasts of chicken cut into 3-inch chunks.
- Spray the bottom of the Crock Pot so nothing sticks.
- Measure 1 cup of BBQ sauce. Add a thin layer of BBQ sauce on the bottom.
- Add the chicken on top.
- Add the remaining BBQ sauce and coat the chicken.
- Add the can of pineapple chunks and the juice. If you are using two cans of pineapple only use the juice of one can.
Variations of Pineapple BBQ Chicken
- The recipe will work just as well with crushed pineapple
- Add Pineapple rings to your sandwich bun
- Try out different types of BBQ sauce
- If BBQ is not always what you have a taste for you can make it. Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken in the Crock-Pot or Slow cooker
- Remember it does not matter if you have a Crock-Pot brand or any Slow cooker, the chicken dinner will be perfect every time.
inspiration form: https://www.saltysidedish.com/pineapple-hawaiian-chicken/
Simple Slaw Side Dish
Try to find simple side dishes that your family will love to go with a shredded BBQ chicken sandwich. There are so many quick microwave veggies that cook right in the bag. You can also find rice packets that only take 90 minutes.
I had half of the head of cabbage and red cabbage in my fridge. I used my new attachment to my Kitchen-aid mixer to make a slaw in just 5 minutes. (I will confess, I purchased this attachment for my daughters for Christmas and then had to get one for myself). You will love how easy and compact the Slicer Shredder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixer is.
After the cabbages were shredded in record time, I used my new favorite low-fat low sugar salad dressing to make an easy side dish. The Skinnygirl Salad Dressing, Poppyseed makes it so easy and simple.
Check Out These Budget Friendly CrockPots
- 5 frozen chicken breasts
- 2 can of pineapple chunks in natural juice
- 1 cup of sweet barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Stray oil
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch mixed with cold water
- If your chicken is frozen defrost slightly in a microwave oven.
- Spray the inner pot of the slow cooker with spray oil.
- Add the slightly defrosted chicken and salt and pepper if desired.
- Add 1 cup of sweet barbecue sauce.
- Add 2 can of pineapple chunks with the juice from one can.
- Set the slow cooker for 4 hours on low if the chicken is thawed. If chicken is frozen when you add it to the Crock Pot cook for 5 to 6 hours. When time is done, use a food thermometer to 165° F.
- Remove the chicken onto a plate and shred with two forks.
- Return to the Crock Pot.
- If the sauce is thin add 2 tablespoons of corn starch to 2 tablespoons of cold water. Turn the Crock Pot to high and cook until the sauce is thicker.
- Serve on a bun and enjoy with cole slaw on the top or on the side.
For the Coleslaw, I shredded 1/2 a head of cabbage and 1/2 a head of purple cabbage. I then mix with Skinny Girl Poppy Seed Dressing
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 950mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 47g