Simple Delicious Pizza Dough
You can make the best pizza dough at home right in your bread machine. Easy & Quick, thin, or thick. Dump in your ingredients & walk away. Our family loves pizza and homemade pizza here at home in our bread machine has become a regular dinner. It is great for a Friday night Pizza and home movie family night.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Just like your family, our family loves pizza and homemade pizza here at home in our Bread Machine has become a weekly tradition. Friday night when we all want to relax with a movie, using my bread machine the dough is ready for baking when I am done with the day.
Because our family is eating more simple clean ingredients I started making pizza at home. I control all the pizza dough ingredients and the freshness of all the topping.
Pizza dough takes very few ingredients and can be adjusted to your eating plan or family’s taste. You can add garlic, basil, oregano, or cheese to the dough. Start with the basics and then experiment to see what you can discover.
In my post on homemade bread in the bread machine, I explain how my husband and I learned of the wonders of a bread machine from my family on a trip to Florida in the late 1980s. Here is where you can find the bread machine recipe for our favorite homemade bread and our families story, Easy Homemade Bread Machine White Bread The Best Sally Lunn Recipe
You may also be interested in How to Make Homemade Bread Machine French Bread
How to Store Pizza Dough
If you are going to be extra busy on the day you will be making fresh homemade pizza you can make the dough ahead of time. The night before you want to make pizza you can have the bread machine make the dough for you. Dust the finished dough with flour and wrap it in plastic wrap or in a ziplock bag.
The pre-made dough can be kept for up to three days. I have also frozen the dough and that also works well. Just make sure to take the dough out and defrost it in the fridge. (no not try to microwave).
- Bread Machine
- Bread Machine yeast
- Cookie Baking Sheet
- Pizza Cutter
- Pizza Peel
My husband Jim and I like our pizza with all veggies and mozzarella cheese. The kids like to have pepperoni and cheese. Because of different tastes, I make our pizza in a rectangular baking pan. We have also used in the past the basic round baking pizza pan.
Not only do I use the pizza peel to get my dough with toppings on the baking stone I also bake my homemade bread on the baking stone and find transferring with the pizza peel makes getting the bread and the pizza out of the oven so easy.
Pizza has been a traditional Friday night dinner after a busy week and I love to make a basic recipe for a Friday movie night dinner. Like a lot of families, we like an easy dinner with family time, and board games, cards, or a new movie are the best.
We have two recipes that we like and both come out perfect when you make the dough in the bread machine on the dough setting.
After the hour and a half of mixing and rising in the machine is done all you have to do is put on the toppings. (I do like to allow the dough to rest on the counter for about 15 minutes before I try to shape)
Tip for Working with Your Bread Machine
- Level off all your ingredients with a knife or offset spatula.
- Whisk or stiff your flour before you measure. This adds air that may have been lost if the flour has sat in the cupboard for a while.
- Make sure the mixing paddle is in the dough basket before you add your ingredients.
- After you press the start button, check to make sure you have the mixing paddle in the dough basket.
- If only using the dough cycle I do not level off the yeast.
- When removing the dough basket from the bread machine, the bottom of the dough basket may leave black marks on your hands, make sure not to transfer this to your dough or finished bread.
The Best Side Dishes to Make with Pizza
Easy Crunchy Asian Ramen Salad with Coleslaw for a Crowd
Impress your guests with this irresistible Easy Crunchy Asian Ramen Salad with Coleslaw that’s perfect for any crowd. Packed with savory flavors and a satisfying crunch, this recipe features crispy ramen noodles baked in buttery seasoning and mixed with fresh coleslaw for a deliciously simple yet flavorful dish.
How to Make Classic Macaroni Salad with Light Mayo
Inspired by Kid Friendly Things to do
Easy Spicy Frito Corn Salad with Cheese
Creamy, fresh, loaded with fresh vegetables this recipe will disappear in minutes.
This first recipe is from the recipe book that comes with the Wolfgang Puck Bread Machine. We use this one most often and it works perfectly. The recipe is the dough for one pizza
- 1 cup of Water
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour, or bread flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Bread Machine Yeast
- Place all the ingredients in the order listed above.
- When you add the yeast, make a small well in the flour and add the yeast to the well.
- Set the bread machine on the dough setting and press start. On my machine, this takes 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- When the timer is done take the dough out of the inner pan and let it set it on your counter for 15 minutes to rest. The dough is ready to make the perfect pizza.
- This recipe makes 2 pizzas so divide the dough in half. You can wrap the second half in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for up to 3 days, or place it in the freezer for 3 months.
- Next, spread the dough on a baking stone or a cookie sheet.
- When stretching out the dough you may need to let it rest for 15 minutes so it does not spring back.
- Now is the time to add your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 450° for 10 to 15 minutes depending on how thin or thick you make your pizza
Keywords: Homemade Bread Machine Pizza Dough
This recipe is the recipe that came with my first bread machine many years ago when we were first married. I made this recipe for years before I got my new machine. The recipe makes two pizzas
- 1 1/2 cup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- 4 1/4 cups of All Purpose four, or bread flour
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of bread machine yeast
- Add all ingredients to the pan of the bread machine in the order above. Set the machine on the dough setting which takes about one and one half hours.
- When the timer is done take the dough out of the inner pan and let set on your counter for 15 minutes to rest.
- Next, spread the dough on a baking stone or a cookie sheet, add your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
Keywords: Homemade Bread Machine Pizza Dough