If you need a quick & delicious breakfast for a special morning, a filling Croissant Sandwich stuffed with scrambled eggs, ham & cheese is easy to assemble and get on the table without much work. You will have the whole breakfast assembled and ready to eat, so you can look like you fussed but have time to enjoy your guests.
When we have family over for the holidays or a special weekend everyone is hungry for breakfast all at the same time. For many years I have made a breakfast casserole like the one you can find here; Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole. We all love the casserole but the last family gathering I wanted a breakfast that looked extra special but did not require me to spend hours standing at the stove.
The croissant makes the breakfast sandwich look extra special. They are a special treat for even a weekend family breakfast. They are super fluffy, cheesy, buttery and filled high with fluffy scrambled eggs. With all the ingredients at the ready, I was able to customize the breakfast for even our picky and vegetarian eaters. No meat for the vegetarians and everything on the side for the picky eaters. (I know you have these kids too 🙂) They will soon become a family favorite.
How To Have Breakfast Sandwiches Ready In No Time
I started by having all the food that I want to serve our visiting family in the house ready to go before any guests arrive. I just hate to have to go to the store when I have family visiting. I want to spend as much time as I can as the family does not visit often, so shopping and being prepared is a must. I have my menu planned for the whole weekend and make sure I have plenty of extra so I do not run out.
The night before breakfast I make sure I can find all the food items I need and have them ready to go. I set out on the counter the food that does not need to be refrigerated. If I think I might sleep in I also set out the dishes, cups, and silverware. Some holidays when we are up late I know I will not be up early so I get everything ready to make the morning easy for me, and maybe an early riser will start things off. I always make sure the coffee maker is ready to go as my son-in-law will always have coffee ready for me.
In the morning slice the croissants. Do not do this the night before as they can dry out if cut the night before. Set your eggs out on the counter and get the ham & cheese out.
Once you have everything out and ready to go, start making the scrambled eggs. You can either make the eggs with just a little water which is what I do. Some cooks like to mix in milk but I like just a little water to make the eggs mix smoothly. You can add some salt and pepper at this point or if you have guests with restrictions let each person add the salt & pepper when they are served.
When the eggs are done, set out all the sandwiches and ingredients so you can quickly assemble the sandwiches. Best to lay everything out before you add the eggs. You can also keep the eggs warm in a low warm oven as you get family up and in the kitchen to eat. You can even make them all ahead in the morning and keep warm in the oven.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Serrated Knife
- Large Non-Stick Frying Pan (This is the best pan we have found)
- Cutting Board
An elegant twist on the egg sandwich perfect for a special breakfast or brunch. Set these out for Mother’s days & watch them disappear.
All the ingredients were purchased at Costco, which make this breakfast easy on your budget.
- 6 Croissants (slices in half)
- 12 eggs lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup of milk or half & half
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 slices of ham
- 12 slices of your favorite cheese
- Cut all of your croissants in half lengthwise
- Crack all of the eggs in a large bowl and add the 1/4 cup of milk
- Whisk well with a fork or a whisk until mixed together
- Heat a skillet to medial to high heat.
- Add the egg mixture and with a spatula keep the egg mixture until cooked through fluffy but not brown or burned.
- When the eggs are almost done turn off the heat on your stove which will help the eggs to be soft and fluffy and not hard.
- Layer each croissant with one slice of ham and two slices of cheese
- Pile high the scrambled eggs on top of the cheese and ham and top with the top of the croissant.
Tips & Alternatives:
- You can use any ham and cheese your family likes.
- You can butter the croissant or use a layer of cream cheese under the ham.
- The croissants can be eaten open face with a fork or knife or cut in half as they are large and eaten as finger sandwiches.
- Make a large pot of coffee and a pitcher of orange juice.
- Serve with homemade coffee cake, you can find the recipe here!
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Breakfast egg ham croissant
Easy Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches are fun and quick to make when having guests for breakfast or brunch. Everything can be prepared ahead of time and the eggs scrambled just before serving. A different and special breakfast sandwich the whole family will love.