My Valentine’s Day party is the perfect time to create a DIY Valentines Vinyl Mug. Crafting beautiful mugs are perfect for a decoration on your table, and for a take-home gift for your guests.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Blank coffee or tea mugs are easy to find these days. I purchased mine at Home Goods for $2. You can also find a wide selection at any Dollar Stores for, you got it $1. Or if you like things delivered to your door, here is an example of beautiful blank coffee mugs you can find on Amazon.
I am still experimenting and improving my techniques with my Cricut Explore Air. It is so much fun to design with Design Space, and fun to watch the machine come to life and print the images you collect.
Decorating an inexpensive mug for any party is a quick and easy way to add to your tablescape Decor. Blank mugs of any color are so easy to find these days, and with printable sticker paper and vinyl of every color possible ables you to allow your creativity to go wild.
I have three beautiful images that I created in Design Space with my Cricut Explore Air to decorate my blank coffee mugs. If you want to design mugs with the similar images, Click Here or on the image below, to be to sign up for the printable library, and you can download the images. The images can be imported into design space and made into a cut image or any of the Cricut Machines.
If you do not have a Cricut Machine, you can print the images on sticker paper and cut out by hand.
I experimented with a lot of different words and designs and finally came up with a Simple Hearts Banner for the top and a cute phrase. I love heart so of course, an array of Hearts were easy to print out and attach with the vinyl onto the mugs.
My Valentine’s Day party has a deep red theme with key tags on the cookies I baked. You can find my post for the beautiful shortbread cookies I made and the printable key in the link here. The Download for the key pattern is available in the cookie post.
Have a tutorial for how to Import Images into your Cricut Machine, and you can find that in my post: Print & Cut Label Tutorial in Cricut Design SpaceThe perfect quick & easy DIY Vinyl Valentines Mug. A simple craft for kids as an activity for a beautiful Valentine’s Day Party. They will decorate your table and be a cute gift for your family and party guest. @Craftingafamily.com Click To Tweet
Designing for a Valentine’s Day party with my girls and the neighbor ladies incorporates a lot of different elements. Being a crafter I like to DIY them all. This post emphasizes the cute pink/red vinyl coffee mugs. You can also find the post on the Shortbread Cookies by clicking here. You can find the post on the cute DIY vinyl placemats by clicking here (Check back for this post)
I used my DIY pom-pom wreath as a centerpiece. I removed it from the wall and put a beautiful candle in the middle which became a fabulous conversation pace for all the guests. Check out how to make the Valentine’s Pom Pom Wreath.
Supplies Needed for the DIY Vinyl Valentines Mug:
Steps to Design & Create Cute DIY Vinyl Mugs:
- First Purchase the mugs that you want to decorate.
- Down Load the images in the Printable Library. (If you need the password, sign up here)
- Upload the images to Cricut Design Space (the program for your cutting machine). Or Print on Sticker paper.
- Cut out the images you want to use.
- Weed out the vinyl that will not be going on the mug. (like week the garden take out what you do not want)
- Press a piece of transfer tape on to the image that will be transferred to the mug.
- Lay upside down and rub with your finger to have the vinyl stick. You may have to do this several times to get the image to stick to the transfer tape.
- Now wedge your mug so it does not move.
- Lay the image that is attached to the see-through transfer tape onto the mug starting from the middle of the design and working your way out.
- You may have to make cuts in the transfer tape where the image is not to make sure the image lays flat.
- Rub with you had to have the vinyl attach to the mug.
- Slowly at an angle remove the transfer tape leaving the image on the mug.
It is that simple to make any plain mug into a cute table decoration and gift for your friends and family.
Happy Valentine’s Day,
Find where I share my post at my favorite Link Parties: Click Here